You know those foods you grew up thinking you didn’t like even though you never actually tried them? Yeah, well Brussels sprouts was one of those vegetables that I just assumed I didn’t like until I was in my 30’s. But once I finally tried Roasted Brussels Sprouts, there was no turning back. Now I absolutely love Brussels sprouts, especially these easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts! This no-fuss Brussels sprouts recipe creates a brown and slightly crispy outside white still remaining tender on the inside. The air fryer makes it super easy to whip up this vegetable side dish any day of the week! And since they are in season right now, they were also on sale at my local grocery store. #Winning!
Ingredients For Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
I’m all for simple recipes and with simple ingredients! Here are the 6 items you need to make this easy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe:
- Brussels Sprouts: This cruciferous vegetable can often be found year-round in your local grocery store. However, sometimes they are on the pricier side, so take advantage of them while they are in season and usually on sale. They are usually in season during the late fall and winter months from October to February.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil helps keep the Brussels sprouts from getting too dry and too charred on the outside. It also helps the seasoning coat the Brussels sprouts perfectly.
- Seasoning: A mix of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder adds just the right amount of flavor and keeps things simple, but still delicious!
Although we went with a simple mix of olive oil + seasoning for this Brussels sprouts recipe, you can easily try some of these other combinations:
- Switch up the seasoning: Try some steak seasoning, curry powder, Cajun seasoning or a seasoning salt like Lawry’s, or a Creole seasoning like Tony Chachere’s.
- Parmesan cheese: We also tested these air fryer Brussels sprouts tossed in a little parmesan cheese and they were absolutely delicious!
- Dipping Sauces: My favorite way to enjoy these Brussels sprouts is with a simple mix of Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup. They would also taste really good dipped in our Comeback Sauce!
- Homemade balsamic glaze: And if you’re a balsamic vinegar lover, once the Brussels sprouts are out of the air fryer, try drizzling a little bit of homemade balsamic glaze on top!
- Don’t skip the oil – It may be tempting to use less oil since you’re cooking in an “air fryer” but I wouldn’t recommend it. We tested this recipe using a little less oil and it resulted in the Brussels sprouts being too dry and very charred.
- Preheat the air fryer – It’s always good to preheat the air fryer before you add the Brussels sprouts to the basket. If your air fryer does not have a pre-heat function, simply let it run with an empty basket for about 3-4 minutes at 360ºF.
- Shake halfway through – Give the Brussels sprouts a good shake and flip some of them over halfway through the cook time so they can brown evenly on both sides.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
These Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are perfectly brown on the outside and tender on the inside. An easy recipe to whip up any day of the week!
Wash and dry the Brussels sprouts, then trim off the dry ends. Cut each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise.
Add the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl along with the olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix all the ingredients together until the Brussels sprouts are well coated in the oil and seasoning.
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Once preheated, add the Brussels sprouts and spread them evenly inside the air fryer basket. Air fry for 9 minutes, flipping and shaking the Brussels sprouts halfway through to help them brown evenly on both sides. Add an additional 1-2 minutes of cook time depending on the level of browning that you like.
Remove the Brussels sprouts from the air fryer and enjoy as is or with your favorite dipping sauce.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 113kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4gFat: 7gSodium: 320mgFiber: 4g
Read our full nutrition disclaimer here.
How to Make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – Step by Step Photos
Wash and dry 1 lb. of Brussels sprouts, then trim off the dry ends. Cut each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise.
Add the Brussels sprouts to a large bowl along with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp onion powder. Mix all the ingredients together until the Brussels sprouts are well coated in the oil and seasoning.
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F. Once preheated, add the Brussels sprouts and spread them evenly inside the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 9 minutes, flipping and shaking the Brussels sprouts halfway through to help them brown evenly on both sides. Add an additional 1-2 minutes of cook time depending on the level of browning that you like.
Enjoy these super delicious Brussels sprouts with a little parmesan cheese or your favorite dipping sauce. And try not to eat them all before they make it to the dinner table 😉