This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Syrup is the best way to take your pancakes to the next level! It’s creamy, buttery and adds delicious cinnamon roll flavor to pancakes, waffles or anything else you want to sweeten up!
Homemade Cinnamon Syrup Recipe
Move over maple syrup, Cinnamon Syrup is my new favorite sweet condiment! It’s creamy, rich, buttery, and with only 6 simple ingredients, you can mix it up in a matter of minutes! Perfect for lazy weekends and holiday breakfast spreads too!
Cinnamon syrup makes any breakfast instantly more special! I think we can all agree that homemade usually tastes best, but sometimes the convenience is not worth the trade-off. Well, with an easy, mouthwatering recipe like this one, making it from scratch is totally worth it!
Cinnamon Syrup Ingredients
To make this cinnamon syrup recipe, you’ll need just 6 ingredients and a little over 5 minutes! We suggest making a double batch because this recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser. You’ll want to drizzle it over everything! You can find measurements for each of the ingredients listed below in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar so your syrup has that perfect sweet flavor.
- Light Corn Syrup: For sticky, sweet syrup that you’re sure to love!
- Water: Just 3 tablespoons of water for the best consistency.
- Ground Cinnamon: A warm and cozy spice that makes this pancake syrup extra special!
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the flavor with warmth and a subtle sweetness.
- Evaporated Milk: Adds creaminess and the perfect thick texture.
How to Make Cinnamon Pancake Syrup
This is one of the easiest recipes, which is a major plus because once you taste it, you’ll want to enjoy it on repeat. In just about 5 minutes, you’ll have sweet, cinnamon-y deliciousness ready to drizzle over all of your favorite breakfast treats! Here’s how:
- Whisk Ingredients: Combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Heat Mixture: Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and then stir for 2 minutes.
- Cool: Remove from heat and then allow the syrup to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Remaining Ingredients: Whisk in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
- Serve: Transfer syrup to a pitcher or jar that’s convenient for pouring and for storage. Then enjoy immediately over pancakes, waffles or French toast!
Tips & Variations
While making this cinnamon syrup recipe is straightforward and simple, here are a few tips and ways that you can change it up, so it’s perfect!
- Let it Cool: Be sure to give the mixture about 5 minutes to cool before adding in the vanilla and evaporated milk. Otherwise, they could burn and give off an unpleasant flavor.
- Thick or Thin: If you’d like to make the syrup a bit thicker, simmer longer, allowing more of the water to cook off. On the other hand, if you’d like to thin it out, you can add a small amount of water, 1 tbsp at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup: To give this syrup fall flavor, try swapping the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice. It would be especially delicious served with these pumpkin spice pancakes.
- Other Ways to Serve: You really can’t go wrong serving this on all kinds of sweet foods. Try it over ice cream, cake, cinnamon rolls, crepes, or even oatmeal!
This cinnamon pancake syrup is great left over! Properly stored, it will keep well for a week or two (if it lasts that long)!
- In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container or jar. Your syrup will last for 1-2 weeks. The ingredients may settle, so pop it in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and give it a quick stir before use.
Pin this now to find it later
Combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat stir for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow the syrup to cool for about 5 minutes.
Whisk in the evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
Serving: 2tablespoonsCalories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 22mgPotassium: 26mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 20IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 0.05mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.